Returns & Cancellations
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return request or ask any return-related questions. We respond to all returns-related queries within 12-24 hours.
Spiffy Spools mantra is this: Hand-stitched and made-to-order.
This is the reason our loyal customers keep coming back to us. However, this is also the reason the standard returns policies of mass produced goods do not apply to our products. Each article at Spiffy Spools is cut and tailored to our customers’ exact specifications, and therefore by default, we do not take returns.
From start to finish, every single product is manually handled from picking and cutting of fabric to sewing, ironing, folding and wrapping. In light of this rather intense human process, it’s not uncommon for end products to sometimes show minor signs of handling such as light tailor chalk marks, a rare stray thread, or specks of smudge from fabric production run. These minor flaws are unfortunately unavoidable, and we therefore do not accept requests for replacements or returns on these bases under any circumstances.
Also, while we steam iron every piece before it leaves our studio, we can’t guarantee that the long journeys (or border control checks by custom officials) won’t wrinkle fabric in transit. Therefore, we do not offer any compensation, return or replacement on account of wrinkling in transit.
We strongly advise you to be sure of your custom size/style specifications before ordering, double check all your measurements and hardware compatibility and contact us if you need help clarifying your specifications before placing an order.
We also recommend ordering a fabric sample before placing an order as computer monitors/device screens vary in colour and shade representation and we do not accept returns based on feedback on colour variance or personal aesthetic preferences.
We do not accept returns on fabric samples.
Under rare circumstances where we may have made a mistake, we do accept returns on a case-by-case basis. We do not accept any returns requested after 14 days of receipt of order.
- If there has been an error in shipment on our part and we’ve sent you a wrong item, we must be informed within 5 working days of delivery and we will absolutely make it right. We’ll arrange for the correct item to be dispatched within 72 hours of receiving back the wrong item undamaged, unused or defaced in any way. We’ll also cover the cost of return shipping. We reserve the right to ask for digital pictures and videos in advance of arranging return. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- If we’ve made an error in stitching to your specifications and the item’s measurements don’t match the dimensions you provided, we will gladly arrange and pay for returns and send you new, replacement items after inspection. Please note that since our items are lovingly hand stitched and not produced in a factory production line, we do allow for half an inch (0.5 inches) margin of error on all dimensions provided. We do NOT accept returns/replacements or refunds if custom items are stitched within the specified margin of error of half an inch. In cases where we’ve made an error outside of this margin, we must be informed within 5 working days of delivery. Correct items will be dispatched within 72 hours of receiving back the wrong item undamaged, unused or defaced in any way, and only after we’ve confirmed the error in stitching. If the returned items are found within half-inch margin of error, buyer must arrange and pay for redelivery of original units back to them. We reserve the right to ask for digital pictures/videos in advance of arranging return. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- If the product is found to be faulty. All our products are rigorously quality checked before dispatch but in the unlikely event that you experience any problems, you have 5 business days following receipt of your order to report any faults. Spiffy Spools reserves the sole right to determine if product is faulty. New shipment will be dispatched within 72 hours of receiving back the returned items, unused or defaced in any way, and only after we’ve verified the fault. If the returned items are found fault-free, buyer will have to arrange and pay for redelivery of original merchandise. We reserve the right to ask for digital pictures/videos in advance of arranging return. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- If your product is damaged in transit (wrinkling NOT included), or due to inspection by international custom authorities or any such circumstances outside of Spiffy Spools’ control, buyer will be refunded 60% of original order price of the damaged item ONLY. We will not refund 40% of cost attributed to shipping and administrative charges.
ITEM NOT DELIVERED
- We offer full refund if item is lost in transit after loss has been established via proof from courier/postal service used by Spiffy Spools.
- We do NOT offer refund – partial or full – if courier or postal service attempts delivery and buyer is not available to receive the shipment, and/or sign for delivery.
- We do NOT offer refund – partial or full – if buyer is not able to collect in person from local postal office should the package be sent back after attempting delivery due to non-availability of recipient at time of delivery.
- We do NOT offer refund if item is sent back to Spiffy Spools due to non-availability of recipient at the specified delivery address.
- Buyer is solely responsible to arrange re-delivery and/or collection once the carrier/postal service has made its first attempt to deliver at the specified shipping address.
Please contact us at email@example.com to initiate a cancellation request or ask any cancellations-related questions. We respond to all cancellation-related queries within 12-24 hours.
Cancellation of orders will result in a 100% refund only if work has not started on the products. Please note, in most cases, work starts on orders within 2-3 hours of order being placed. After that only the value of the order less costs incurred up to that point can be refunded. Since made-to-measure products are unlikely to be able to be resold, we are unable to offer any refund for cancellations after order is ready.