Kids / Children's / Nursery / Bedroom Blackout Curtains & Drapes
- Avoid floor-length draperies in a nursery or toddlers' playrooms for both safety and hygiene reasons. If sill length drapes are not your thing, do consider roman shades that are simple, fun and out of reach.
- Have fun with patterns. Add a whimsical touch to your nursery design or children's playroom by choosing a fun, patterned fabric. Add an accent pillow(s) to your rocker chair to create continuity.
- Shop for drapes before you paint. Given the endless array of available paint colors, it's savvier to choose your fabric elements first.
- Keep embellishments to a minimum in a nursery or young children's room. Beaded decorations, cording, tassels, etc may become loose and hazardous. Opt for fun prints, rich textures and embroidery instead.
- Add blackout lining to help the little one catch zzz's during daytime hours. This also helps to insulate the nursery or children's space against noise and heat.
- Page 1 of 3