Don’t forget to complete your window treatments set with matching pillow cases! Order coordinating cushion covers in any size and edge style to suit your decor. From centrepiece bolster pillows for your bed to throw pillows for your sofa, these gorgeous little things go a long way to give any space a perfectly finished look.
All our covers are *very* lovingly handcrafted in a small village in India and come with envelope-style zippers on the back.
Good to Know:
– Sizes for flange edge cushions are as measured *without* the flange edge border.
– We offer covers only. Inserts are not included.
– Covers are sold only with drapes/shades purchase. We do not sell cushion covers standalone .
– Each cover is handcrafted from start to finish so variances are unavoidable. We try to match patterns across pieces where possible but we do not guarantee this.
Here are some spiffy pointers from our stylists on choosing the most suitable cushion covers from our range:
GET THE COLOR PALETTE SPOT ON
Your chosen cushions should work to tie together your room’s color palette. The best way to do so is to pick one or two focal or accent colors, then choose cushions in those colors.
To give your space a coordinated look that looks truly stylish, we recommend matching your custom cushion covers with the draperies. Choose some in the same fabric and the rest in the same color palette. If your drapes are in a patterned fabric, order the bigger sizes in solid color coordinates. Order smaller size cover in drapery pattern at the front to serve as accent pieces.
More titbits: Avoid neutral cushions on neutral couch colors, as this is likely to look dull and insipid. Think contrast, color block, or tonal variations (dark to light in the same color family) to break the monotony.
GET THE NUMBER RIGHT
When it comes to cushions, it is usually better to think more rather than less in terms of number. So far as odd or even count is concerned, we recommend odd numbers for a casual, informal and lived-in space. For traditional and formal spaces, even numbers usually work well.
EXPERIMENT WITH SHAPES AND SIZES
The joy of getting cushions from Spiffy Spools is that we stock 13 sizes and can custom sew cushion covers for any dimensions to suit your specifications. Rather than stick to one uniform size, opt for a mix of multiple sizes. Choose centerpiece bolster pillows for beds, square cushions and throw pillows for couches, and floor cushions for casual lounging. Big, small, squares, rectangles—you can pick as you like and make them all work. An in-house bit of adventure!
EXPERIMENT WITH TEXTURES, PRINTS AND EDGINGS
Have fun experimenting with edge styles, textures and prints, and edgings. Edge styles can create their own charm. We offer three edging types to choose from: knife (crisp and clean), corded (piped and homely), and flange (formal and chic).
On plain and solid colored backdrops, use cushions with bold prints. On patterned upholstery, try color blocked cushions in key colors. You can even pull off the one small print, one big print and one solid color look in cushions for a haute vibe. Similarly, textures also give plenty of scope for experimentation. Cushions in velvet, suede and faux fur give a lush, luxurious look. Embroidered cushions add an ornate touch.
Remember, we advised mixing the sizes of cushions. Well, bedroom or living room, get the best out of your mixed sizes by trying out various placements. We usually recommend keeping larger cushions in corners or backs, and smaller ones to front and insides. Consider keeping the smaller cushions more ornate, as these can be made to look almost like scattered artworks.
Curtains, Roman Shades, Valances, Dining & Bed Linen: Window treatments and dining/bed linen orders are targeted for dispatch within three weeks, though we are able to ship out many orders ahead of schedule. We use DHL or FedEx with typical transit time of 3-7 days. Majority of our clients receive their packages within three weeks from date of order, but if our pipeline happens to be busy – especially during holiday season – we do ask for your patience and aim for delivery in four weeks.
*Some drapes and roman shades with trims *may* take up to six weeks as our trims are sourced from Turkey & London, thereby adding to processing timeline in some instances.
Swatches & Fabrics by Yard: Fabric samples and fabric bought by yard are dispatched within 1-2 days and typically delivered within 7 days of order.
Cushion Covers, Tiebacks, Dining Napkins & Placemats: We do NOT sell pillow covers, tie backs, dining napkins or placemats standalone. These accessories are sold and dispatched only as part of window treatment orders. Please see above for applicable timelines accordingly.
If there are any delays due to non-availability of fabric, or holds by customs officials for inspection, we will write to you as soon as possible.
- All import duties and taxes are included in our prices for shipments to USA. For shipments to other countries including Canada, United Kingdom and other European countries, our prices do *not* include import duties and taxes that individual countries may impose. Buyers from these countries are solely responsible for paying any import charges once the shipment reaches their country.
- We cannot deliver to PO Box numbers so please provide non-PO delivery address at checkout.
- All our products require a signature for proof of delivery. After three delivery attempts, if no one is available to sign for delivery or the package is not collected from the depot, the shipment is returned to sender. We do NOT bear cost of return/refund in this scenario, and therefore request our clients to accept within the carrier’s timeframe.
For detailed information on returns & cancellations, please click HERE.
- Since each article at Spiffy Spools is cut and tailored to our customers’ exact specifications, by default, we do not accept any returns.
- From start to finish, every single product is manually handled from picking and cutting of fabric to sewing, ironing, folding and wrapping. In light of this rather intense human process, it’s not uncommon for end products to sometimes show minor signs of handling such as light tailor chalk marks, a rare stray thread, or specks of smudge from fabric production run. These minor flaws are unfortunately unavoidable, and we therefore do not accept requests for replacements or returns on these bases under any circumstances.
- We follow standard industry guidelines for constructing custom window treatments, which include articles sewn with joining hems to achieve custom widths. Since joins are necessary to achieve certain sizes, we do not offer any compensation, return or replacement whatsoever on account of necessary joining hems.
- We also recommend ordering a fabric sample before placing an order as computer monitors/device screens vary in colour and shade representation and we do not accept returns based on feedback on colour variance or personal aesthetic preferences.
- Under rare circumstances where we may have made a mistake, we do accept returns on a case-by-case basis only as long as any issues/faults are first communicated within five business days of receipt of merchandise.
- Cancellation of orders will result in a 100% refund only if work has not started on the products. Please note, in most cases, work starts on orders within 2-3 hours of order being placed. After that only the value of the order less costs incurred up to that point can be refunded. Since made-to-measure products are unlikely to be able to be resold, we do not offer refunds for cancellations after order is ready.