Not your grandma’s curtains anymore, the ever-charming kitchen cafe curtains are making a comeback in contemporary style! And for good reason(s) too…
- Privacy & light. A kitchen shouldn’t just be a place to make food and wash dishes; it deserves to be a cozy, comforting place. A staple of cozy kitchens and breakfast nooks, these cute short curtains in a white semi sheer linen provide needed privacy while allowing in warm, gentle natural light that you’re looking for.
- Easy on budget. Sometimes you really can have it all, and that’s never truer than when it comes to functional kitchen curtains. The reason linen curtains first became so popular was that they were inexpensive to buy or make yourself, and the unpretentious fun of kitchen curtains is a large part of their appeal. These casual, informal, short-length cafe curtains are still an easy and inexpensive way to change the invite a bit of old-world charm into your kitchen, dining room, breakfast nooks, bedroom, or bathroom.
- Out of sight, out of mind. The short length of cafe curtains are a brilliant decorative option to hide a cluttered bookshelf or disorderly open shelf in your kitchen. These curtains can hide messes while creating a stylish accent. They’re not just for windows!
- Another part of the classic appeal that linens have had are that they’re low-maintenance, easy to clean and come out of the process as beautiful as ever. In a place where spills and accidents are sure to happen eventually, kitchen curtains are the ultimate in practical choices.
- Placement options galore. Custom cafe curtains thrive in a variety of settings. They’re naturally suited for everyday dining areas such as breakfast nooks or over a kitchen sink. The soft light offered by this curtain style also makes it perfect for home offices or bathrooms that already have natural privacy from fences, trees, or non-house facing windows.
Spiffy tip. Avoid large patterns as the short size of these curtains may not allow you to show the entire pattern. Instead, opt for smaller prints or geometrics like gingham checks and stripes.
*Pricing is per panel, NOT per pair.
***Hardware NOT included with curtains.
For detailed steps on how to measure, please visit our CURTAIN MEASUREMENT GUIDE.
SPIFFY TIP #1: If ordering any of the non-pinch pleat heading styles such as the grommet top, we recommend ordering panels that are double the width of your curtain pole/track. For example, if your curtain pole/window is 36 inches wide, we suggest *two* panels of 36 inches *each*, and not two panels of 18 inches each. This will get you a luxurious fall/gather. If your window/pole is 36 inches wide and you order curtain panels that are also 36 inches wide altogether, they will be absolutely flat with no gather, and who wants that?!
SPIFFY TIP #2: If ordering the pinch pleat styles, we recommend panels that are 7-10 inches wider than your curtain pole/track. So for example, we suggest 67-70 inches wide curtains altogether for a 60-inch wide pole. Then depending on whether you are looking for a single wide panel or a pair, you can either order one panel that is about 70 inches wide or two panels of 35 inches each.
SPIFFY TIP #3: We do *not* require measurements for your windows, frames, poles or tracks. Instead, please enter the exact final sizes of the ready curtain panels you’d like us to stitch.
SPIFFY TIP #4: “Length Fraction” in our specification form above refers to ‘part inch’ measurements. For example, if you’d like to order curtains that are 86.50 inches long, please choose “86” under “Length” specification and “1/2″ (.50 inch)” under “Length Fraction” dropdown.
Curtains, Roman Shades, Valances, Dining & Bed Linen: Window treatments and dining/bed linen orders are targeted for dispatch within three weeks, though we are able to ship out many orders ahead of schedule. We use DHL or FedEx with typical transit time of 3-7 days. Majority of our clients receive their packages within three weeks from date of order, but if our pipeline happens to be busy – especially during holiday season – we do ask for your patience and aim for delivery in four weeks.
*Some drapes and roman shades with trims *may* take up to six weeks as our trims are sourced from Turkey & London, thereby adding to our processing timeline in some instances.
Swatches & Fabrics by Yard: Fabric samples and fabric bought by yard are typically delivered within 7 days of order.
Cushion Covers, Tiebacks, Dining Napkins & Placemats: We do NOT sell pillow covers, tie backs, dining napkins or placemats standalone. These accessories are sold and dispatched only as part of window treatment orders. Please see above for applicable timelines accordingly.
If there are any delays due to non-availability of fabric, or holds by customs officials for inspection, we will write to you as soon as possible.
- All import duties and taxes are included in our prices for shipments to USA. For shipments to other countries including Canada, United Kingdom and other European countries, our prices do *not* include import duties and taxes that individual countries may impose. Buyers from these countries are solely responsible for paying any import charges once the shipment reaches their country.
- We cannot deliver to PO Box numbers so please provide non-PO delivery address at checkout.
- All our products require a signature for proof of delivery. After three delivery attempts, if no one is available to sign for delivery or the package is not collected from the depot, the shipment is returned to sender. We do NOT bear cost of return/refund in this scenario, and therefore request our clients to accept within the carrier’s timeframe.