Looking for something a bit more customized to your color palette? Try one of our custom color block curtains styles and create your very own designer look for your windows. Mix colors, patterns fabrics, prints—and voila—your drapes are in perfect sync with the rest of your decor!
To order, first add your main drapery to your cart. Then pick one of the four colorblock styles on offer, and choose the colorblock fabric you’d like to use from our collection. Add it to your cart along with your main drapery order. And that’s it! Our stylists will pick it up from there. Pricing is per panel, so please purchase two units if ordering colorblocking for two panels in a drapery pair.
Please note our tailors and stylists decide colorblocking specifications based on overall proportions of drapes. If you’d like specific proportions and sizes, please include under special instructions at time of checkout.
NOTE: The price for colorblocking is in addition to main drapery. Please do not purchase color-blocking standalone.
HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OF COLORBLOCK CURTAINS
– MIX COLORS. If you want a little (or a lot) more drama or color without committing to a patterned fabric, colorblocked curtains could be the answer. A band of accent color at the bottom or side edge of a neutral drape can subtly anchor a room’s palette. For a much bolder look, broad stripes or a wide patch on top or bottom can help make a statement, while syncing perfectly with the room’s overall palette.
– MIX PATTERNS WITH SOLIDS. To achieve an eclectic look for your space, consider mixing patterned fabrics with solids. Our stylists recommend mixing fabrics with similar compositions (cotton with cottons, for example) and using the 60/30/10 approach: 60% solid and 30% pattern on your drapery with the last 10% coming from an accent furnishing piece such as bolster pillow or a bed runner in the patterned fabric.
– MIX TEXTURES. Often forgotten amongst choosing palettes and prints, mixing textures can be an incredibly simple way to turn your interior from ‘missing something’ to a ‘must-see’. A matte linen color blocked with a reflective velvet, or a tightweave cotton paired with a loosely woven sheer…playing with textures can bring warmth, comfort, and interest to any room.
– MIX LAYERS. Whether for functional reasons or to meet the maximalist aesthetic of a room, adding layers of fabric to a window immediately brings depth and dimension to it. Using colorblocked drapes with solid roman shades behind or flanking sheer drapery with color block curtains on the sides are two highly popular layering arrangements for a chic and contemporary look.
Curtains, Roman Shades, Valances, Dining & Bed Linen: Window treatments and dining/bed linen orders are targeted for dispatch within three weeks, though we are able to ship out many orders ahead of schedule. We use DHL or FedEx with typical transit time of 3-7 days. Majority of our clients receive their packages within three weeks from date of order, but if our pipeline happens to be busy – especially during holiday season – we do ask for your patience and aim for delivery in four weeks.
*Some drapes and roman shades with trims *may* take up to six weeks as our trims are sourced from Turkey & London, thereby adding to processing timeline in some instances.
Swatches & Fabrics by Yard: Fabric samples and fabric bought by yard are dispatched within 1-2 days and typically delivered within 7 days of order.
Cushion Covers, Tiebacks, Dining Napkins & Placemats: We do NOT sell pillow covers, tie backs, dining napkins or placemats standalone. These accessories are sold and dispatched only as part of window treatment orders. Please see above for applicable timelines accordingly.
If there are any delays due to non-availability of fabric, or holds by customs officials for inspection, we will write to you as soon as possible.
- All import duties and taxes are included in our prices for shipments to USA. For shipments to other countries including Canada, United Kingdom and other European countries, our prices do *not* include import duties and taxes that individual countries may impose. Buyers from these countries are solely responsible for paying any import charges once the shipment reaches their country.
- We cannot deliver to PO Box numbers so please provide non-PO delivery address at checkout.
- All our products require a signature for proof of delivery. After three delivery attempts, if no one is available to sign for delivery or the package is not collected from the depot, the shipment is returned to sender. We do NOT bear cost of return/refund in this scenario, and therefore request our clients to accept within the carrier’s timeframe.
For detailed information on returns & cancellations, please click HERE.
- Since each article at Spiffy Spools is cut and tailored to our customers’ exact specifications, by default, we do not accept any returns.
- From start to finish, every single product is manually handled from picking and cutting of fabric to sewing, ironing, folding and wrapping. In light of this rather intense human process, it’s not uncommon for end products to sometimes show minor signs of handling such as light tailor chalk marks, a rare stray thread, or specks of smudge from fabric production run. These minor flaws are unfortunately unavoidable, and we therefore do not accept requests for replacements or returns on these bases under any circumstances.
- We follow standard industry guidelines for constructing custom window treatments, which include articles sewn with joining hems to achieve custom widths. Since joins are necessary to achieve certain sizes, we do not offer any compensation, return or replacement whatsoever on account of necessary joining hems.
- We also recommend ordering a fabric sample before placing an order as computer monitors/device screens vary in colour and shade representation and we do not accept returns based on feedback on colour variance or personal aesthetic preferences.
- Under rare circumstances where we may have made a mistake, we do accept returns on a case-by-case basis only as long as any issues/faults are first communicated within five business days of receipt of merchandise.
- Cancellation of orders will result in a 100% refund only if work has not started on the products. Please note, in most cases, work starts on orders within 2-3 hours of order being placed. After that only the value of the order less costs incurred up to that point can be refunded. Since made-to-measure products are unlikely to be able to be resold, we do not offer refunds for cancellations after order is ready.